A word of Wisdom: Lord, Teach us to Pray

A word of Wisdom:

Lord, Teach us to Pray


Luke 11:1 KJV

Lord, teach us to pray


How do we pray in power and mighty wonders be done in answer to our prayers? 


Matthew 18:3-4 KJV

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 

[4] Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.


We need to first offer ourselves as learners and ask our Lord to teach us to pray.

We need to come to Him as little children, as sheeps, meek and lowly in heart.

It is only through Himself that we can be taught directly through hearing His voice, how to pray in power and mighty wonders be done in answer to our prayers.


How else can we learn to pray from our Lord except we hear His voice leading us and teaching us every moment of our life? 


John 5:19 KJV

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, 

Verily, verily, I say unto you, 

The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.


John 12:49-50 KJV

For I have not spoken of myself; 

but the Father which sent me, 

he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 

[50] And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


We need to live our life in like manner as our Lord Jesus, hearing His voice every moment of our life, 


Whatsoever we pray therefore, even as the Lord said unto us, so we pray. 




Reference:
Lord, Teach Us to Pray:
The Only Teacher
(Excerpt 2)
By Andrew Murray


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Real-life Deliverance Account

Absolute Surrender: Peter's Repentance

A word of Knowledge: Stop depicting the Holy Spirit as a dove