Sons and Joint-Heirs

Sons and Joint-Heirs,
February 1915
(Excerpts)
By Smith Wigglesworth

I want to speak about the eighth chapter of Romans, beginning with the eleventh verse.

I used to have a hard heart, and God had to break and break and break me.
I used to be critical of people who preached divine healing, and did certain things which I thought they should not do.
Then God began to put me through a testing and to break me;
I went down before God, and then the hardness was taken away and all bitterness.
I believe God wants to get all the grit and hardness out of us.

...if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Romans 8:11

The power of God here is dealing with our “mortal bodies,” but I see the power of the Spirit today wants to quicken us both in spirit and body.

...If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye THROUGH THE SPIRIT do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father...
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ.... Romans 8:13-15,17

The thought that specially comes to me today is that of sonship.

The Spirit brings us to a place where we see that we are sons of God.
And because of this glorious position we are not only sons but heirs, and not only heirs, but joint-heirs.
And because of that, I want you to see that all the promises of God are yea and amen to you through Jesus in the Holy Ghost.

If the Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead is in you, that power of the Spirit is going to quicken your mortal body.
And it brings me into a living place to believe that as an adopted child I may lay hold of the promises.


I see two wonderful things:

I see deliverance for the body,
and I see also the power of the Spirit in sonship is raising me up, and pressing me onward to translation through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Real-life Deliverance Account

Absolute Surrender: Peter's Repentance

A word of Knowledge: Stop depicting the Holy Spirit as a dove