Putting Your Best into Words

Putting Your Best into Words

By E.W. Kenyon

Faith is built by words. 

Deeds have their place, but deeds are the children of words in large measure. 


You speak, then I watch you perform. It is your speech that attracts my attention. 

Your deeds have their place, and we give you credit for them, but it is your words that set us on fire.


You can fill your words with anything you wish. 

You can fill them with fear until the very air around you vibrates with doubt and fear and restlessness. 

You can fill your words with fear germs, and fill me with fear of disease and disaster.


Your words are either filled with interrogation points, with a sense of lack, with hunger and want, or you come to me and speak words filled with faith. 

Your faith words can stir me to the very depths. 

Then I wonder why I ever doubted. 

Your words enwrap me within themselves. They are like sunlight, warming a room on a cold, frosty day.


Your words can pick up my drooping, broken spirit and fill it with confidence to go out and fight again. 

Faith words are wonderful words.


The reason Jesus’ words had such far-reaching influence was that they were faith words. 

When He said to the sea, 

“Peace, be still” (Mark 4:39), 

the very sea grew quiet, and the winds hushed their noise to hear the words of faith from the lips of the Man.


The deaf could hear His faith words. 

The lame and broken could rise and walk and run because of His faith words. 

There was something in His words that drove disease and pain out of the body and fear out of the heart.


I can hear John say, 

“I used exactly the same words as Jesus, but that boy was not healed. 

Now the Master takes the words out of my lips and fills them with something, and when they are heard, the child is healed.” 

(See Matthew 17:16–21.)


What did Jesus put into His words that had such healing power? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Real-life Deliverance Account

Absolute Surrender: Peter's Repentance

A word of Knowledge: Stop depicting the Holy Spirit as a dove